It’s the first thing that Allah [SWT] will ask us about on the Day of Judgement…and if this is good, then everything else will fall into place. It’s our prayer – Al Salah – and it makes so much sense to have a process in place to monitor the quality of salah and to keep improving it.
Here’s a way to progressively improve the quality of salah till we reach the level of emaan where we can worship Allah as if we see him, in sha Allah 🙂
Salah Quality Indicators:
- Making wudu before each salah
- Praying on time (the first hour, exception can be made for Isha)
- Praying in the Masjid
- Catching the first Takbeer (i.e. the beginning of the congregation)
- Reciting Quran with proper Tajweed
- Reciting AlFatiha with break after every ayah, and with contemplation
- Completing Ruku and Sujood
- Making dua in Sujood
- Reciting the Tashahhud with concentration
- Sending prayers on the Prophet [saws] and making some recommended dua in the last sitting
- Praying sunnah afterwards
Anymore? I’m trying to compile a list of Salah Quality Indicators so I and everyone who reads the blog can benefit from this. Jazakum Allaho khair.
More awesome stuff from Sh. Muhammad AlShareef: