Bismillah. One of the things we can do to protect ourselves when going to sleep is recite Surah Mulk (67) before sleeping.
- The Prophet [SAWS] used to do it regularly
Jaabir [RA] reported that the Prophet [SAWS] did not sleep until he had recited Surah Al-Sajdah (32) and Surah Mulk (67).
- The Sahabah nicknamed it Al-Maani’ah, meaning that which protects
It was narrated that Abdullah ibn Mas’ood [RA] said:Whoever reads Surah al-Mulk every night, Allah will protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of Allah [SAWS] we used to call it al-maani’ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allaah it is a soorah which, whoever recites it every night has done very well.
- Revive the Sunnah: read Surah Mulk daily before sleeping.
- Help yourself with some ajr by:
- Forwarding this to anyone who you know will benefit.
“Whoever guides anyone to goodness, his reward shall be the same as those who follow his guidance without lessening a bit of their reward.” – Rasool Allah [SAWS]
- Contributing a sunnah by commenting below or emailing me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Whoever revives an aspect of my Sunnah that is forgotten after my death, he will have a reward equivalent to that of the people who follow him, without it detracting in the least from their reward.” – Rasool Allah [SAWS]