The Takbeer is an aspect of the Sunnah of the Prophet [SAWS] that has been forgotten in recent times, so much so that we hardly see people making the takbeer. In fact, if you ask someone “Why aren’t you making takbeer during the first ten days of Dhul Hijjah?” they’d probably say “The first ten days are here already?!”
Watch this video to learn all about the Takbeer of Dhul Hijjah, in sha Allah:
Days to Make Takbeer
- first ten days of Dhul Hijjah
- the 3 days of Tashreeq (11th, 12th and 13th of Dhul Hijjah)
So in total, we have 13 days to make takbeer in.
The time of the Takbeer
- specifically: after the obligatory prayers
- generally: any time during the afore-mentioned days
The form of the Takbeer
The scholars have said that there are three forms of the Takbeer. In sha Allah, any of these or any others found in authentic texts suffice.
- Revive the Sunnah.
- Help yourself with some ajr by:
- Forwarding this to anyone who you know will benefit.
“Whoever guides anyone to goodness, his reward shall be the same as those who follow his guidance without lessening a bit of their reward.” – Rasool Allah [SAWS]
- Contributing to the blog by commenting below or emailing me at: email@example.com
“Whoever revives an aspect of my Sunnah that is forgotten after my death, he will have a reward equivalent to that of the people who follow him, without it detracting in the least from their reward.” – Rasool Allah [SAWS]